Saturday, March 6, 2010








KCTunes.com
The Best Classic Rock from the 60's, 70's & 80's.

KCTunes was started by 1 person in the Kansas City, Missouri Area. When a radio station (KY102 & 99.7KY) closed its doors I needed to do something. I followed these stations from 1977 to September 18, 1997. The Final Song: "Too Many People" by Paul McCartney. KY102 was legendary in the Kansas City & Surrounding area's with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (1995) DJ Max Floyd & company. I remember when the last day came a turned on the radio and they where announcing that this was the last day that KY would be on the air, I was shocked. Classic Rock was still big around here and couldn't believe corporate would be closing it down for a different format.

After time when by and I didn't have a radio station that I liked I decided to start my own station on the Internet. This sounded like a great idea my friends said. So I started KCTunes in June 2008. There are benefits broadcasting on the Internet, there is no censorship (RIGHT NOW). Songs are played as they where intended & written. As of now KCTunes has over 12,000 of the Best Classic Rock Songs in it's catalog to date. More and more are added all the time from purchases, donations or friends private collections. This is just the beginning, I have a lot of idea's for the station that will be added at sometime. Next I am getting the software & hardware for "Live" DJ interaction with the listeners. The station has no commercials just continuous music. The station is fully funded by me & Donations that come in.

This is a project of love from me and my Friends to all the Classic Rock Lovers throught out the World!


Please sign the RUSH for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Petition.


Max Floyd web site: http://www.rockandrollgeneral.com/
KY102 web Sites: http://www.kcconfidential.com/?tag=ky102
http://www.broadcastkc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=31



Verne Elliott
KCTunes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment